Academic and Non-Fiction Editing
Is this you?
- Your dissertation advisor has suggested you hire someone to give your chapters a good once-over for inconsistencies and APA formatting.
- You’ve completed a first draft of your nonfiction manuscript and need professional help polishing it for publication.
- You’ve reworked your document so many times you can’t see what’s there anymore.
What I can do for you:
- Correct any errors in grammar, punctuation, or standard usage.
- Bring to your attention inconsistencies in content (repetitions, contradictions) or places that are unclear or confusing.
- Provide stylistic suggestions that can make your writing clearer and effective. I am very respectful of the voice of my clients; my job is to make your writing the best it can be.
- Make organizational suggestions so that the logic and flow of ideas are the best they can be.
- Edit the reference list/bibliography to make it conform to APA or MLA style.
- Explain grammar and style issues clearly so you can become a better writer.
- Bring your writing to native fluency if you are a non-native speaker of English.
- Help you organize your project and keep you moving forward toward completion.
Jill’s editing and effective inquiry were instrumental in helping me articulate my ideas and strengthen my voice. With her help in deciphering APA, my dissertation project was clean and precise. Jill has helped bring the craft of great writing within my reach.—Josette Luvmour, Fielding University