APA Formatting for Academics
This workshop on graduate-level academic writing is suitable for all levels of students writing to APA format. Exercises are prepared specifically for the group from the participants’ own writings.
- Grammar and punctuation review as needed according to participant materials
- Thorough grounding in the details of APA that appear most consistently in dissertations in the social sciences (pre- and post-test included)
- Cohesiveness and flow (better use of transition words and phrases)
- Rewriting sentences for concision and clarity
- Self-editing, peer-editing, and when to hire a professional
Recent clients include graduate programs at Oregon Health & Science University’s School of Nursing, Fielding University, San Francisco State, and George Fox University.
Jill is gifted at setting groups at ease. She presents the APA and writing material in an interesting and lively manner and makes the complexity of communication clear and easy to understand.
Isabelle Soule, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR
Effective Written Communication for Professionals
These interactive workshops for business and health professionals offer simple techniques for improving emails, reports, and proposals. Participants learn to:
- Create clearer sentences.
- Write documents that move the reader to action.
- Identify and eliminate extraneous verbiage in their writing.
- Perform better self- and peer-editing.
Special attention is paid to the writing issues of non-native speakers of English. Recent clients include Lockheed Martin, Sun Microsystems, and Master’s candidates in Management of Science and Engineering at OHSU.
To connect with me about a workshop for your group, click here.